Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer is underway and school is not out yet

As soon as end of level testing is done it's all down hill. Jake has been hit and miss at school since last week,he goes when there's a barbecue or awards assembly. The social thing really isn't his thing. Quincy said school wasn't really worth it since he didn't get a yearbook, what's the point, really. Although he forgot all about not having a yearbook about two minutes later. We have now had three full days of entertaining complete with a song and a dance and school has only been out for one.

Now, it's ten thirty at night and I would like to go to bed because I have a toddler that will be up early but teenagers that stay up late. The whole neighborhood is out back playing dunk ball, how can I break that up? We went hiking today and had a full blown lesson on the birds and the bees. It's breeding season, or whatever you call it, with the frogs. We enjoy holding a frog or two on our hikes, not today, today we had to leave them alone. Quincy was the first one to find two frogs mating, he said, Wow, that's awkward, they're making babies." I said, "No, that's just part of life." Travis and all his friends continued to ask why, why, why. Why do we have to leave them alone? Why are they like that? What are they doing? I finally just told them why and then changed the subject. Tyler told me, "I NOT LIKE HIKING," and made me carry him out of the canyon while he yelled, "I never walking!" Summer is great, I love being with the kids, I just wish someone could come in and help me with the housework and organizing, etc. while I lay by the pool and hike and golf and play, play, play. Unfortunately, no one ever shows up, just the boys and they sometimes don't help so much.

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

hahah I love reading your blog! Always makes me laugh. So keep writing!

See you Friday!