Saturday, July 23, 2011

More Nauvoo ...







Visiting some of the homes in old Nauvoo, so fun to have Grammy and Duane there with us.


 Remember when I said we just had the trek experience of a lifetime, we have had another but in a different way.  We decided to do a three mile trek in Nauvoo, I thought, I've done a twenty five mile trek, this will be nothin'.  I was soooooo wrong.  Whoever mapped out this trek meant for you to have a real life experience of the terrain the saints must have run into.  I left Broc home with Ty sleeping and Quincy was asked to be a mentor on the stage, so off we went with Collin Austin and his boys and Danille, a friend of the Austin's.  I hope you can see the pictures close, this was quite the trek.  It had rained the night before and Trav kept sinking so deep in the mud he would lose his shoe and I would have to stick my hands in a foot deep to dig it out.  Ty woke up and Broc spent two hours trying to find us in this forest.  It was a great time, lot's of working together and some great exercise.  As always, I am so grateful to the pioneers and all the early saints, so much courage and faith and physical strength, I am a wimp. 






















This was the view from our back porch.  Broc and I did a temple session one day and walked out to find the kids playing frisbee at the park right next to the temple.  As we walked home from the temple Broc and I both felt how happy the early saints were in Nauvoo.  They loved the temple, they felt safety and security, they worked so hard for this beautiful city. 

1 comment:

Rach said...

love your pictures! We are so blessed. Love your family